Australia, October 2015
Recap : Sydney – Melbourne 2015
Dates: 8 – 18 Oct (11D 10N)
|8 – 11 Oct||Sydney|
|11 – 15 Oct||Sydney to Melbourne road trip|
|15 – 18 Oct||Melbourne|
- Sydney : Airbnb – Studio in heart of Pott’s Point
- Road trip Day 1: Ulladulla – Sandpiper Motel
- Road trip Day 2: Eden – Blue Marlin Resort
- Road trip Day 3: Bairnsdale – Bairnsdale Riverside Holiday Park
- Road trip Day 4: Phillips Island – My Island Home
- Melbourne: Airbnb – Central Southbank + Car and Pool
- Sydney: Public transport using Opal card (max A$16/day) and friend’s car
- Sydney to Melbourne road trip: Car rental (Toyota Corolla) via EuropCar
- Melbourne: Public transport using Myki
Useful things to note
- All Singaporeans need an Electronic Travel Application. Get yours at S$10 via Jatravel. This is also the cheapest option.
- The most affordable SIM card option is the $2/day Optus card which gives you unlimited calls, SMSes and 500MB of data. If you exceed 500MB, you’ll be bumped to 1GB/day for additional $2. Minimum top up is $10.
- One Australia-sized meal generally equates to a meal for two Asians and leaves you space to grab a snack/dessert/coffee.
- Cheapest groceries are in supermarkets – avoid convenience stores!
- Remember to purchase car excess for your car rental. The most expensive option is to go with your car rental company and the cheapest is a third-party insurance. The staff will also remind you that in any accidents, the company will deal with you directly (that is you pay first) and you will need to claim against the third-party insurance.
Gorgeous photos by Camistry Lab.